My new Better Bottle has a hole in it!?!?!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

liquid134

Reaction score
just received my order from midwest and my Better Bottle carboy, has a precut hole in the side toward the bottom. what the hell!?! i bought this with the brewing starter kit, and didnt expect there to be a hole in the side for a valve. there's only one valve included in the kit and my understanding was it is meant for the 6.5 gal bucket.

im confused. anybody else have this happen?

There is a ported version. It takes a valve that is specifically made for it. It also needs a tool to install it. If you think you might want the valve you might try to get them to supply it for free in lieu of a different better bottle. They may go for it since it would cost less to sent the valve than a new bottle.

i see that now after you mentioned it, but its not the one that's supposed to be in the beer kit! im pretty upset, of all orders, i thought this from midwest would be flawless :-/

thanks midwestsupplies (already been in contact with you guys via email) midwest is taking care of the problem for me. they are great.

and this thread wasnt about being mad or pissed off, i just didnt know if the kit was changed or something.

Back