G-System (Grundy) Dis-assembly Video

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mischief_Brewing

Reaction score
I've been struggling to find a good tutorial/explanation of how to dis-assemble a G-system (Bass/Anchorsteam) 50L keg (also called a Grundy). One thread on here explains it pretty well, but I figured I'd post my recent YouTube find for anyone searching on how to work this one.

Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Update:

Apparently there are two kinds of G-system kegs out there. The one I have has a slotted collar that the neck screws into. This collar has some indents that prevent the keg from being fully disassembled. The neck moves slightly in the same fashion as the video (where the guy makes it look easy unscrewing it), but locks up agains the divots/indents.

I've given up at this point and will be cutting it off soon (and looking for a nearby friend who can weld stainless) unless somebody has some insight that both the Internet and 3 hours of me fooling with the thing couldn't come up with...

My plan is to be able to screw a tall pipe (don't ask) into the existing threaded opening. I'm going to have to weld something in place to do this since the plan to use the original threads seems bust...

If you're looking to keep the collar and threads, I'd say try drilling / cutting out the part that you don't want. It'll take a lot of time with a dremel but you should be able to cut out enough of the parts you don't want that you can get the stem out.

Just make sure to keep venting that bad boy until you get a hole in it...

Latest posts

Back