Flying internatially with homebrew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pixalated

Reaction score
My parents are flying from the US to Ukraine, and then Belgium to visit some relatives. I'd like to give them some of my homebrew to take along.

Has anyone packed homebrew in their checked luggage recently? Have you had any problems with TSA because of it?

I checked a bottle on a domestic flight last week, no issues. Internationally, I don't know; I'd imagine it depends on the arriving country's policies.

I have Taken a flight from Greece to Czech with booze I had pai for prior to arriving at the airport and carried across countries. I didn't have a problem. Although TSA is a different story. I would imagine u could tho.

AngerManagement said:
I checked a bottle on a domestic flight last week, no issues. Internationally, I don't know; I'd imagine it depends on the arriving country's policies.

Like anger said. Places with crazy ecosystems might be a problem(Australia(you can't have a spec of dirt anywhere on u)). Although I don't think that's the case where ur family is going.

Pretty sure it is illegal to do.

If you're only talking a 6 pack or so I'd probably repackage it in commercial bottles. Or you could package it in regular beer bottles and if asked tell TSA they are yeast samples. Wouldn't be lying, there is certainly usable yeast in the bottles.

That's what I'd do; just put them in Sam Adams bottles or something similar with the labels intact. I doubt it will be a big deal.

Latest posts

Back