St Arnolds Devine reserve

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What did you think? my girl nabbed a six and 2 bombers from central market. Im going to try it as soon as I get home.

Not to sound like a party poo-poo head, but I got into the hype last year for DR12. Bought a couple of six packs and 2 bombers... for something like $50.

Wasn't that good, swore I'd never do it again. So, today, I went to spec's and bought a six pack of No Label Don Jalapeno Ale and life is good.

Seriously, does it get better with age? (The DR series). What I bought last Spring, the DR12, was mediocre at best.

Funny, they were selling the bombers and six packs at 2-3 times the purchase price on Craigslist the night it was released last year... shame on the hoarders.

I bought the No label Don Jalepeno also today. I could not find the Devine Reserve. I did not care for the Jalepeno though.... A guy from our homebrew club brought some really old DR to a meeting last year. It was GREAT!!!

I picked some up today. I also tried some on Saturday. It was good, but I wouldn't stab anyone over a bottle.

I split a bottle between 2 people last night and while it is good I have had better. I will say one thing it is a potent little critter. Dont drink a few before mowing the grass or you will wake up laying in the ditch. Funny thing is it taste almost identical to a beer I made a year ago. It was a double bock that I added 2 lbs of honey to. My friends called it sleepytime. Good beer to pass out to.

Funny, they were selling the bombers and six packs at 2-3 times the purchase price on Craigslist the night it was released last year... shame on the hoarders.

I discovered that this is a trick distributors do to get premium money for rare beers.

Seriously, does it get better with age? (The DR series). What I bought last Spring, the DR12, was mediocre at best.

Every release is a different beer of a different style. Some will be better with age, like DR 12, which is an Old Ale.

This realease (DR 13) is a Quad. It's good, but not great. It might develop more depth with age.

I got a bomber reserved at the heb I work at, and was told if there are no shows on the reservation list I may be able to get more. I'm nit always crazy about the ones I have tried, but I like the hype and like shoving it in friends faces who missed out, haha

Anyone know if there is any left in Dallas? I was slow on the notice and checked a few places last night and didn't find any.

I called Specs on Central today and they are getting some tomorrow. Now I just need to figure out how to sneak out of work ...

Back