Closed transfer with hop filter?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Displaced MassHole

Reaction score
Ok I've got an APA dryhopping right now, my questions is how do I transfer to a keg while filtering out hop pellets? I plan on force carbing and then bottling this one. I want to keep the beer away from oxygen as much as possible but how do I get the beer into the keg with out running it through a straining bag/funnel? Any help would be great:mug:

I sanitize a hop bag and a rubberband, and then fit the hop bag over the intake of my siphon, securing it with the rubberband. Siphon as normal.

I dry hopped my APA with pellets, when I racked it as usual I tried to get as little hops in the keg as I could but a few lumps still got sucked up. I've pulled three pints so far and none of them has any hops or other crud in the glass.

To be honest, I have only done it a few times. But, I have not had it clog yet:D I try to keep the intake away from the majority of the pellets near the bottom of the carboy.

I'd be interested in hearing about better way, if there is one.

Back