Software Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rafoster1987

Reaction score
Hey guys, I need some help. I just started brewing a couple of months ago and want to begin using a brewing software. I've downloaded beersmith and a couple of others, but I've run into a problem. My macbook is on its seventh year, and I never updated the OS (10.4.11) so none of the software programs will work. I plan on purchasing a new computer within the next year (thankfully I finish graduate school this May) so eventually this will no longer be a problem. Is there any software that will run on my macbook or even an older version of a current software? Thanks.

Hey guys, I need some help. I just started brewing a couple of months ago and want to begin using a brewing software. I've downloaded beersmith and a couple of others, but I've run into a problem. My macbook is on its seventh year, and I never updated the OS (10.4.11) so none of the software programs will work. I plan on purchasing a new computer within the next year (thankfully I finish graduate school this May) so eventually this will no longer be a problem. Is there any software that will run on my macbook or even an older version of a current software? Thanks.

I use BrewersFriend (http://www.brewersfriend.com/) which is a cloud based service accessible via your browser. $10/year and they support Beer XML so if you decide to move away, you can take your stuff with you. I've already subscribed for the next year, but I think you can build 5 recipes and stored them on the free trial.

So far I like em.

Back