American dark wheat

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnnyrhine

Reaction score
Ey,
Just had one of these the other day and decided I wanted to make one myself. Never made any wheat beers so I was wondering if anybody had any hints or tips on it. Also wondering What kinds of grains I should use and what not. Any input appreciated. Thanks in advance everybody.

Sorry let me be more clear. I was wondering what kind of wheat to use and the percentage of. Sorry about that, thanks for you patience

American Dark Wheat sounds a bit weird. Must be like a Dunkelweizen, but fermented with a neutral ale yeast?

I'd use 50% regular wheat malt, maybe with a pound of "dark wheat" if you can find it. The other half should be Munich, 2-Row, or a mix, with some dark crystal malts like C120 or Special B thrown in for character.

Should be a clean, creamy beer with a sick head and a nice plum/toffee character.

Haha yea I'm not sure exactly what it was, it was from a regional brewery and that's all it said. Thanks for the help.

Back