Noob looking for SCOOBY and starter liquid

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cigarearth

Reaction score
Greetings everyone,

This is my first time posting in a kombucha forum. I am looking to get back into brewing this great drink. I made some 5 gallon batches years ago but have forgotten ratios and recipes.

Anyway, does anyone have some healthy SCOOBY and starter liquid to begin 2 gallon batches? I'll gladly pay shipping and a fair mark-up.

Also what are some suggestions for 2 gallon batch recipes?

Thanks everyone and I look forward to sharing the 'booch culture (sorry for the bad pun) with you all!

Luis Molina

Best you grab a jar of GT'S original Kombucha from a health food store. GT is the go to brand but so long as it's raw and plain you could go with any brand. http://www.synergydrinks.com/classic/kombucha_classic_original.aspx

For a 2gal mix you'd want something like this:

1. Boil 1/2 gal of water
2. Steep 8 bags of green tea and 3 bags of black tea for 15-20 minutes
3. Remove bags, add 2 cups of sugar, and dissolve (add 1/2 gal of hot water if you have trouble dissolving)
4. Add 1-1/2 gal of cold water + bottle of GT's

Remember to add the GT'S last and make sure the water is 80F or colder. You should have a scoby and 2gal KT to drink in 10-12 days. Next batch probably 8 days

Back