Oxygenation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fishinsmitty

Reaction score
After brewing, cooling and transferring my beer to my primary fermenter I have been whipping it up to incorporate oxygen. Everything has been turning out fine so far, but should I try an aeration stone? I suppose it makes a difference, but how?

After brewing, cooling and transferring my beer to my primary fermenter I have been whipping it up to incorporate oxygen. Everything has been turning out fine so far, but should I try an aeration stone? I suppose it makes a difference, but how?

You should try not aerating your wort first and seeing how everything works out brilliantly anyway. I just use wyest or white labs yeast and never had a problem.

The shake and stir method works, but if you want more consistent results without worry then look into a stone.

The above poster gave piss poor advice for not aerating your wort.

"Inadequate oxygenation will lead to inadequate yeast growth. Inadequate yeast growth can cause poor attenuation, inconsistent or long fermentations, production of undesirable flavor and aroma compounds, and produces yeast that are not fit for harvesting and re-pitching."

http://www.wyeastlab.com/comm_b_oxygenation.cfm

Latest posts

Back