• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

For sale: single corny kegerator parts - unline under counter unit.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HBC

Reaction score
I have posted this in the past and was not ready and did not have the information needed to sell a few of these off.

Here is my story and I am sticking to it.

I went to an auction 4-months ago, and saw qty 10 ULINE refrigerators. All are under-counter, compact units. These units retail for over $1100 each, made by U-line and came from a commercial concession operation.

They would make wonderful single corny-kegerators (that is what I am using them for now), or you can harvest the components and use them for your fermenting chambers.

I need to move them and get my investment back on them, and therefore going to price them with a few options.

1.) $50.00 AS-IS -- but I will test to make sure it works fine. This means you will get the cabinet/all parts intact, but do NOT have a working temp-control (this is likely why they were sold at auction). Again, I will test and not sell junk.
2.) $80 Working-- I will install a generic temp control unit, and you can convert it to work with a single corny. It fits the corny and a 5# co2 tank nicely.

For those who just want the cooling guts, I would entertain this as well since it will save on shipping $ for you. However, I have not done this yet, but think it will be a 30-min hack for me to cut the parts out and get ready for shipping. I would test the compressor & cooling ability before shipping out. I do not want to sell friends any junk.

My goal is to recover my investment so I can buy more brewing supplies. These ULINE units still sell for hundreds on ebay, but I just do not want to screw with re-furbing them for the general public.

PI2G.jpeg

Would dimensions allow this to hold a bucket w/airlock for fermenting?

Only about 1.5 hrs from you

Would dimensions allow this to hold a bucket w/airlock for fermenting?

Only about 1.5 hrs from you

No, it is just big enough for a corny keg + co2. I tried with a bucket. I have also used a corny keg as a fermenter in this and it works well! I do have some extra cornys that I can sell if interested in a combo.

Cost to ship to 72401? PM sent

I am having a problem weighing them. However, if I use the manufacturers weight (could be a newer model??) It says 85lbs meaning not eligible for USPS shipping. My personal guess is in the 50-60lb range.

Therefore, 2 estimates for you to decide to proceed:
USPS (if 70lbs or less) around $39
UPS: if 85lbs: $68
Fedex: if 85lbs $64

Folks,
it appears that the cost to ship will be somewhere between $39-65 to ship a complete unit (cabinet included).

Guts would be much less and in the $25-30 range depending on zip code etc.

If that shipping rate is not too high, and you want one, PM me. I work all over the state of Indiana and Kentucky and could put one in the truck for the next roadtrip in your area if that helps out at all too. I travel from Chicago to Nashville, TN areas (close to those areas at least) usually once per month.

I would be interested in one or 2 of these whenever you head up towards chicago

I usually make it to Merrillville or Gary area.. is that close enough? I have a meeting in the next few weeks up there. Let me know if you want it with or without a generic temp control so I can order them in time.

I have been testing my setup one, and it can go near 0-and hold at 50 with the generic mechanical controller. But it will not be as accurate as a digital unit.

I am thinking these might be nice for a wine-chest too with a digital controller.

What are the interior dimensions? I have 10gal cornys and they're a bit fitter than a 5gal. I was going to build a cabinet and use an existing fridge compressor and cooling unit. I'd also love to be able to fit my pin cask in it as well so if they're wide enough consider one sold.

Back