Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Soda Making > SodaStream type all natural syrups

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2012, 12:00 AM   #11
melman101
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyspade View Post
You could also try Prairie Moon concentrated syrups. I use them for yeast carbonated bottled soda. You can order them online and because they come in a 4 oz concentrate, they're not terribly expensive to ship. Because you mix your own sugar and water you can control the sugar content and make it to your taste. There's a recent thread in this forum about them.

http://www.prairiemoon.biz/Syrup-Concentrate-Complete-Flavor-List_c_553.html
I ordered from Prairie Moon actually, but I'm a bit worried about the Proplyne Glycol and the artificial coloring. But they have great prices and like you said, you control the syrup. I ordered 6 bottles so I hope I like it. (The shipping was kind of expensive).

I'd like to just find natural extracts like the ones they use for the Whole Foods sodas. I have IBS and would like to find a way to make cheap natural soda. I find the Whole Foods soda's don't bother me as bad.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2012, 12:38 AM   #12
Nona
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

I make my own syrups from fruit and juice concentrates. So far I've made apple and grape with much success. Basically you throw a can of frozen juice concentrate in a saucepan, add a cup of sugar and 1/2 cup of water. Bring to a boil and turn down to low and boil it down some. Cool and put in a bottle (I reused my Sodastream syrup bottles). Store for a couple days in the refrigerator or several months in the freezer.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply