SodaStream vs Corny Keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhvoodoo

Reaction score
Hello. Been reading and researching post for awhile about carbonating my own soda.
I have been wanting to get my own soda setup for quite sometime. At one point, I had purchased a commercial soda fountain and was planning on running BIB, carbonator, etc… then quickly realized that was overkill.
Fast forward to present day.

My wife gifted me a Soda Stream for Christmas. it Seems to work fine for carbonating a liter at a time, but I will have to get a co2 tank and adapter along with BIB syrup to make it cost efficient.

I’m looking for opinions on if it would be better to keep the SodaStream and mix in coke syrup each time or if a small corny keg would be a better option.
I primarily drink Diet Coke, but would also like to experiment with making my own recipes.

I guess I’m a little apprehensive of how hard it is to carbonate a corny keg vs the ease of the SS.

I was also considering using a mini-keg with its own dispenser, but not sure if the smaller size would be much better than just sticking with the Soda Stream.

Anyone have any experience/advice for a smaller setup like this?

Much appreciated!

Back