rust spots

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sashurlow

Reaction score
I have rust spots on a very large ash tree, apple trees and my hops all within short distance of each other. I have read that is a fungal disease and nothing seriously bad. I also have only read how it affects trees. Is this anything I need to worry about in regards to my hops?
Thanks,
Scott

I suspect the rust on the ash is different than that on the apple - and the most common causes are apparently specific to each species. I wouldn't be overly concerned wrt the hops...

Cheers!

I am starting to get rust looking spots on some of the leaves of one of my plants. If you think yours need treatment, treat them with an anti fungal agent. I plan to make my own from garlic. From what I have read it makes a nice anti fungal treatment. I plan to steep a bunch of garlic in 170 or so degree water, puree in a blender, strain pulp, put in a spray bottle and treat for a few days.

Latest posts

Back