New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Brewing Software > Brew Timer for Android

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2011, 02:08 AM   #71
humanjoe
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadabar View Post
it runs always but I always allow it to bypass the brew timer....

would it cancel notifications too?
The App Killer should not cancel notifications. Which App Killer do you use? Can you shut the App Killer down down and see if Brew Timer is affected without it running?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitterbrush View Post
I just made a test profile with one event and the alarms worked perfectly. I don't know?? I appreciate all your work on this Adam, just not sure if I can trust it.. I want to use it but man I was frustrated when the alarms didn't go off with the mash yesterday. I had to run in the house and get the laptop and quickly setup the timer on it before my boil started.. I don't think I even cussed.
I'm sorry for the problems, I understand completely. I've been running tests and still haven't been able to replicate what you're seeing. I'll keep cracking on it and hopefully will find out what is going on.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2011, 06:46 PM   #72
solavirtus
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I used the timer for the first time on a new phone (Droid X2) and ran into some problems. The timer process would stop without any way to tell. I would open the app and notice that the timer had stopped. I could restart it, but after a time, it would do the same thing again.

Still a good app, just need to figure out how to keep it running.

Old 08-02-2011, 11:56 AM   #73
humanjoe
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by solavirtus
I used the timer for the first time on a new phone (Droid X2) and ran into some problems. The timer process would stop without any way to tell. I would open the app and notice that the timer had stopped. I could restart it, but after a time, it would do the same thing again.

Still a good app, just need to figure out how to keep it running.
Interesting. What version of Android are you using? When the timer is stopped, do the timers still go off? Do you have any app killer applications running? What other applications are you using at the time? I have a crazy work schedule for the next couple of weeks, I'll try to set up a test once I know your OS version. Thanks for the feedback, I'm hoping to start adding a mash mode this fall and some other features.

Adam

Old 08-02-2011, 12:10 PM   #74
solavirtus
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Version: 2.2.2
When the timer was stopped, there were no alerts. During the times the timers were active, the alerts worked fine. I don't have any app killers. At the same time, I might have also been using the web browser, Handcent SMS, maybe a brewing calculator app like Brewzor.

I'm looking forward to some of those additional features!

Old 08-06-2013, 03:47 PM   #75
humanjoe
Recipes 

Wow, it's been way to long since I updated this app. Been a whirlwind couple of years with my twins, moving, etc but I'm settled now and have some time to work on this (and to brew! Got a Foreign Extra Stout in the fermenter now.). I just posted a new version of the app to the Google Play Store (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.brewtimer&hl=en). The new features for the Brew Timer are:

- Added feature (fixed bug!) so the alarms sounds while on a phone call. Previously, since notifications are ignored while on a call the phone wouldn't alert you. Now I read your phone state when an event is triggered and if your phone is not idle I send to alarm to the audio player so the alarm can be heard.
- Added ability to change the font size of the events and button text. When I released this app Android Tablets were few a far between. With the advent of tablets and higher resolution smartphone screens I needed to do something to make things easier to read.
- Optimized the landscape UI layout. Changed around how the screen is used so things fit better while in landscape mode.
- Cleaned up the UI a bit.
- Fixed several small bugs.

As always, I'm interested in what you think and any bugs, features, additions you'd like to see. This is a free app and I am not going to put ads into it. It's just a labor of love because I needed a better timer for myself while brewing.

Give it a shot and tell me what you think!

EDIT: Forgot to mention that my next update (other then any bugs that are found) is the ability to import a recipe from BeerSmith into Brew Timer so you do not need to enter all the information by hand.

Thanks,

Adam

Old 08-06-2013, 06:54 PM   #76
plasmicsloth
Recipes 

Looks like I picked a good day to join this forum researching software and mobile apps to help with brewing. App looks good and helps my decision to go with BeerSmith knowing I will be able to transfer recipes in the future. Thanks!

Old 08-06-2013, 08:04 PM   #77
Jaysus
Recipes 

Liked 24 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 79

I am still using this app every time I brew!

Old 08-06-2013, 08:25 PM   #78
humanjoe
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysus View Post
I am still using this app every time I brew!
Great to hear! I'm hoping everything is working well. If you have any ideas for future updates, etc. drop me a line.

Adam

Old 08-07-2013, 03:15 PM   #79
FDillon00
Recipes 

I have been using this app since Feb 2011 and have recommend it to all my friends.

One feature I have always wanted to see was a "Mash Timer Mode"

We typically think of the boil as a single long process with events happening at specific time remaining. Where as we think of the mash as a series of different steps.

The mash mode would change the concurrent timers to consecutive timers. Each time wouldn't run at the same time but instead trigger the next one to start.

Great app keep up the good work.

Old 08-07-2013, 04:51 PM   #80
humanjoe
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDillon00 View Post
One feature I have always wanted to see was a "Mash Timer Mode"

We typically think of the boil as a single long process with events happening at specific time remaining. Where as we think of the mash as a series of different steps.

The mash mode would change the concurrent timers to consecutive timers. Each time wouldn't run at the same time but instead trigger the next one to start.
I was thinking about a mash timer just last weekend as I was watching my mash sit. I think that is something I would love to add after the import. Need to start thinking about how to integrate it into current tool without disrupting things too much.

Thanks

Quick Reply