Beersmith Export

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwible204

Reaction score
I've looked around a bit and can't seem to find the answer to this question. I want to export certain data to a quick/dirty Excel (.csv would work) file. I'm specifically looking to export 1 row per recipe with yeast info, OG/FG, attenuation and some other basic info. I want to see my attenuation on different strains on different beers. I can look through all my recipes to see this but there's far too many to do quickly.

Alternatively, I'll go through and pull this info out manually, but was hoping there was a quick export option. I also just realized I can export to .xml and probably build something to parse the info I want/need out of it.

Seems like it would be easier to set the report type to 'Plain Text', then save the report as a CSV. Parse on import to Excel using the Import Wizard.

You'll be limited to what's in the report, but hey, there's a goodly amount of into in the plaintext one anyway.

Seems like it would be easier to set the report type to 'Plain Text', then save the report as a CSV. Parse on import to Excel using the Import Wizard.

You'll be limited to what's in the report, but hey, there's a goodly amount of into in the plaintext one anyway.

That's a good point, similar to parsing the XML. There's only a few variables I want so it shouldn't be too hard.

Thanks!

Set up your viewing window with the columns that you want to export. Then under the 'file' option on the menu bar there is a 'Save Report as CSV' command. This will save the current report as a csv file. You can pretty much select any recipe information within a given folder to display. I do this all the time to track recipe results similar to what you appear to be trying to do.

Set up your viewing window with the columns that you want to export. Then under the 'file' option on the menu bar there is a 'Save Report as CSV' command. This will save the current report as a csv file. You can pretty much select any recipe information within a given folder to display. I do this all the time to track recipe results similar to what you appear to be trying to do.

This worked, however, there's no way to get yeast info as a column.

Back