Suggestions for Homebrew "Pub"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Curtis2010

Reaction score
I am planning to remodel a space at my house of approximately 15' x 20' to be my brew kitchen/pub. My general idea so far is to create an area dedicated to brewing and serving beer and other "brewed foods"...just for friends...no plans to make a business of it.

My general ideas below. Looking for suggestions/experiences in doing similar.

Cleaning area. On an outside wall I plan to create a cleaning area so that I can slop water and such all over the place and not worry about flooding the kitchen. Big utility sink, hoses, large drying grate. Will have a doorway between cleaning area and kitchen so that moving gear back and forth is convenient.

Kitchen. Nice nice big commercial stove with plenty of BTUs for brewing and compete set of gear dedicated to the brewing kitchen (also for making cheese etc). Nothing shared with the main house kitchen. Dedicated RO filtered water supply so I can use it straight from the tap for brewing with no worries.

Serving area. For serving I plan to have two coolers that can hold about 4 kegs each so that I can keep at least two styles of beer at appropriate temps. I plan for these coolers to be behind the bar area so that hose runs are short. Taps with "chalk board" labels so that I can just write in what's on tap.

Beer Cave. This will likely be phase 2 of the project. The area I plan to remodel sits on top of a steep hill. I plan to build a "beer cave" into the side of the hill for storage of beer, mead, cheese etc. I'm thinking about an 8x10 area with the ability to cool/dehumidify (hot and humid here, but should be easier to deal with a few feet underground). A couple of small areas in here as well for things that need temp/humidity different that the ambient conditions of the beer cave (like cheese for example).

Any ideas/suggestions/experiences appreciated.

Latest posts

Back