Should I make a carboy cabinet?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strantor

Reaction score
My pantry is filling up with bubbling carboys and the wife is starting to fuss about it. I don't really have any other place to put them where they can be in a dark, climate controlled environment with minimal collateral damage should one spill its contents for some reason. The only other potential spot is a 2'X6' area of the dining room, where a small table currently sits. They won't fit under the table, so I was thinking of replacing the table with a custom cabinet for them. I'm worried though, that with them being all crammed in a cabinet, and each giving off some heat (I don't know how much) that it will get too hot in there. Would 4 carboys in a cabinet just big enough to hold 4 carboys insulate them too much? Would it make a difference if I drilled vent holes?

Why not put a chest freezer there and just dress up the outside so it looks like a cabinet? Then you can have a fermentation chamber with temp control.

Look on craiglist.

Latest posts

Back