propane regulator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

npauley88

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I just bought two 70,000 Low Pressure burners from agri supply
(http://www.agrisupply.com/burner-cast-low-presure-multi-hole-/p/40282/cn/5400000/)
for the brew stand I'm building. I'm getting all the plumbing stuff together now and the last thing I need to order is the regulator and I think I'm just confusing myself.

These burners are low pressure but I think I need a high pressure (10 or 15 psi) regulator to power both if I want to run them both simultaneously.

My question is which type of regulator and what psi rating would be best for these?

Thanks for any help! :mug:

That burner can be run on low pressure or high pressure propane with the correct orifice. It's basically the same burner that is supplied with the Bayou Classic SQ-14. The ideal regulator IMO would be an adjustable (0-10 or 0-15) psi model. You can also use a fixed 10 psi regulator, but I prefer the adjustable regulators for best flame control.

That burner can be run on low pressure or high pressure propane with the correct orifice. It's basically the same burner that is supplied with the Bayou Classic SQ-14. The ideal regulator IMO would be an adjustable (0-10 or 0-15) psi model. You can also use a fixed 10 psi regulator, but I prefer the adjustable regulators for best flame control.

Winning ! :D

Back