New Member with new rig to show off

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a_potter

Reaction score
Hi all. This is my first post on HBT though I've been lurking here for info for a few years. Thought you may like seeing this. The stand is built from Super Strut available in the electrical section at Home Depot. All the fittings and camlocks came from Bargain Fittings. Pump from Chugger Pumps. Kegs from garage sales. Welding on keg fittings done by Lehr. Total cost was around $700 so far. Automation will be added next winter. All comments welcome. Enjoy.
showphoto.php
[/url][/IMG]

I hate you... lol.
Looks great man. Wish I had the desire to put a little more effort into making something like that.
It's bad enough, but I think my wife would commit me if I went and started building something like that.

My wife would definitly commit something if I started to build (read: buy the stuff for) that. ;)

Nice rig.

This is just one of many obsessions. Thank god I have a patient wife.

What did you use to polish the kegs to that luster....they didn't come that way from the garage sale...did they?

No they were pretty trashed. They still aren't super smooth up close but look great from 10 feet away. I used a fine grit flap wheel on a drill and then polished with a polishing pad and SCR compound on a drill. They took about 6 hours each to look like that so you can kind of get an idea of how bad they were to start.

Thanks everyone. Thanks Pat. Your beer is sounding pretty good right about now! I wish I could say I have worked for months and had some cad drawings But I literally just set the kegs on the floor and started measuring. I used 4 sticks of strut for the whole main frame and one stick of the thin strut for the burner mount. The stand itself only cost a couple hundred bucks to build. The cool thing about it to me was that I could change it just by unbolting. None of the frame is welded. I can send anyone some detailed measurements if they want.

I see the picture of your brewstand and I really like it. I am trying to formulate a parts list. What type of fastners did you use? Do you have any other picture of your stand, from different angles?

Thanks,
Kevin Ervin
Baltimore, Md

Back