Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Little Giant Pump questions

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2010, 06:21 AM   #1
JuanMoore
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 3229 Times on 3130 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Default Little Giant Pump questions

I just scored a little giant 4-MDX-SC pump for next to nothing on craigslist. It's whisper quiet and can easily pump ~20 gpm, but it's only rated for 150F. I'm confident it will be fine for my pre-boil pump needs, but I'd really like to use a pump for whirlpooling and chilling too. Does anyone know if the pump heads from the various LG-4-series pumps are interchangeable? It seems like they would be, and I'd really like to get a ryton head (HC model) for this pump if I can find one at a reasonable price.

I also just got some 1/2" camlocks and silicone tubing for x-mas. The intake and discharge are both 1", and I'm wondering if there are any issues with narrowing everything down to 1/2"? It seemed to work fine during a quick test, but I haven't really been able to put it through the paces yet.

Thanks in advance-

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2010, 06:25 AM   #2
Elshauno
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Write the company to be sure but I would think that you would be able to interchange with a ryton head. Good luck and good job finding such a sweet deal. Only issue that I can think of is that there will be more pressure on your system meaning it will be more prone to leaks. You should be fine though

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply