Keg to Tap Question?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike1978

Reaction score
I recently got a mini fridge to turn into a kegerator. I have removed the door panel, and bent the freezer tray to fit my corny and co2 tank inside. It has been working out great. I'm almost through my first keg of Kolsch and havent had any problems with the fridge. I have two questions: 1) I've noticed some ice build-up on the freezer tray and was wondering if a muffin fan would decrease the built up ice?? 2) I am going to be adding a collar to the fridge in order to fit another corny inside and I noticed the door would be very easy to cut through to install the taps. I guess what my question is, do the taps have to be above the kegs (via tower tap)?? If I go through the door with the taps then they would be at just about the same height as the keg. I could just cut through the collar to install a tower tap, but i like the look of the wall tap. Thanks!

You'll be fine going through the door. Make sure you use a line calculator to figure out how long your lines should be though. With the taps being about the same height as the kegs, you'll probably use less line.

Latest posts

Back