keezer assembly materials question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moviebrain

Reaction score
I'm nearing the final assembly stages of my 6-tap keezer build and need advice on a few items.

What glue or tape is best for sealing the foil insulation to the inside of my collar? I've seen people use foil tape and/or silicone sealant. What is the consensus?

I'm going the dual-hinge route for the lid. should I add a larger metal plate inside the collar to reduce the strain on the wood when lifting or will it be ok? The back panel is joined to the side runners with wood glue and 6 screws in each side. the collar is oak approximately 3/4" thick.

lastly one of my taps will have wine and/or mead being dispensed. due to the higher acid content I've heard many people use a non-vinyl beverage line like bev-flex or flavor-seal variants. Any input on this? All my faucets are stainless 525 perlicks.

I bought locktite for foam board, reflectrix tape, and foil-covered 1.5" styrofoam for insulation. Hopefully it's right.

Back