How the heck do I attatch my wort chiller to my faucet?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pnj

Reaction score
I am using a IC that I made about 10 years ago. It's 1/2 inch copper tubing with 1/2 inch rubber hose on both ends.

I have allways just shoved the hose end into the faucet, wrapped it with a dish towel and turned the water on full blast. This of course is very leaky....

I went to HomeDepot and was able to get a barb that my hose fits over but the threads on the other end don't fit my faucet. I went back and looked at all the faucet stuff and didn't see anything that I could screw onto my faucet AND attatch my hose end to.

'lil help?

You might need to check out some other hardware stores-- someone should have the right adapter, depending on what threads you have. FWIW, my IC has standard garden hose female connector, and I have an adapter for my faucet that goes from whatever the faucet is to male garden hose thread.

-Steve

they do have those. But then what do I attatch to my hose? The barb I purchased won't fit onto that adapter.

I use a plastic garden hose fitting on my hose:

photo.jpg

available at any hardware store.

-Steve

awsome.

I think I'll give the local 'Mom N Pop' store a shot. HomeDepot sucks.

thanks folks!

Found the same thing steve is using for 3 bucks. I have the rest of the parts from my bottle washer. Stoked!

thanks folks. :)

awsome.

I think I'll give the local 'Mom N Pop' store a shot. HomeDepot sucks.

thanks folks!

exactly. when you need something specific, you go somewhere with halfway intelligent employees. I'll buy paint or lumber at homedepot/lowes, but when it comes to something a little off the wall that i need for a specific purpose, its the Handy Ace Hardware. They may not be open weekends, but they always know exactly where to find what i need.

Back