dual mode STC 1000 in *F

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaloneyBros

Reaction score
Does anyone have a link to or know of a STC-1000 that displays in degrees Fahrenheit and also controls both heating and cooling.

The one I have said "heating and cooling" but it is heating "or" cooling.
I am also open to other controllers if anyone has used something similar and has had good results.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.google.com/#q=convert+c+to+f This one does work. For some reason unless you spend a small fortune on a controller, readouts in F are pricey. OTOH, the STC-1000 works great. To convert from C to F, is really no big deal, above is a working link. After you converet a couple of times, the temps in C will on your mind automatically

Does anyone have a link to or know of a STC-1000 that displays in degrees Fahrenheit and also controls both heating and cooling.

The one I have said "heating and cooling" but it is heating "or" cooling.
I am also open to other controllers if anyone has used something similar and has had good results.

Thanks!

I'm in the same boat. I just bought two of these, thinking I'd use one for the keg side and one for the fermentation side of the 'fermen-keezer' side-by-side fridge conversion I'm doing. The fermentation side needs to have both heat and cooling, with automatic switching from heat to cool, but these devices only have a single relay.

I'm searching for another alternatives and will let you know if I find something. It will soon be spring in Atlanta and I won't need to worry about the heating side til late this fall. If I haven't found something by then, I'll probably go with the STC-1000 in C.

Meanwhile, I'm considering wiring the output of the single relay using something like this, and just do a manual switch from heat to cooling and back.

Let me know if you have a better idea.

-gary

Easiest fix... print out a chart with Celsius to Fahrenheit conversion...I printed onto large label paper and stuck that onto Stc box/fridge.

- SoloGMan

No experience with that particular one. But the specs say relay control versus SSR control. That could be fine for your purposes, but I think maybe not for those that would use it with an SSR. I don't necessarily know the difference, but most of the sites selling controls make a clear distinction, so there must be something to it.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

The fact that it reads in celcius is a minor issue. I printed up a fahrenheit to celcius conversion table and taped it to the side of the controller.

No experience with that particular one. But the specs say relay control versus SSR control. That could be fine for your purposes, but I think maybe not for those that would use it with an SSR. I don't necessarily know the difference, but most of the sites selling controls make a clear distinction, so there must be something to it.

Output type is critical:
  • Relay output is effectively a pair of switch contacts opening and closing
  • SSR output is a low voltage drive (14v for Omega)
  • variable current output (0-40ma for Omega)

Latest posts

Back