The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Converting the Frigidaire 7.2 cu ft Chest Freezer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2011, 11:31 PM   #191
HOP-HEAD
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick500 View Post
So I decided to drill the holes low enough that my 4" tap handles aren't above the level of the top (so the cat doesn't brush against them and turn them on).
Easier fix.... lose the cat...

All in fun.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2011, 02:35 AM   #192
mervmurry
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by timOD View Post
I've got pin locks. Oddly, kegconnection sent me 2 short and stubby kegs, and my LHBS had tall thinner ones. If you've got the shorter ones, I don't think you'd be able to fit what you want on the bottom.
Skinny and tall, I cant say for sure.
Sounds like what happened to me. I got a 4-pack of ball locks that were converted from pin locks (short and stubbys). Could you tell me how many of the short and stubby kegs you can fit in this frigidaire? I am trying to decide between the frigidaire 7.2 and the kenmore 8.8. Please advise. Thanks in advance!

Old 03-25-2011, 07:42 AM   #193
Clark1
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaffer View Post

Notes:
r0 Differential hysteresis. I have the probe in a plastic drinking glass with about 1.5" of water located on the compressor hump. This combination provides good run-time and off-time.
Whenever I use the word "hysteresis", I loose my audience.

In temperature control, hysteresis is the pump turning on at one temp, and not turning back off until it is a few degrees cooler.
This keeps the pump from turning on and off too often and running for a very short time.
The difference between the turn on temp and the lower turn off temp is the hysteresis.

There. I lost my audience 3 times

Old 03-25-2011, 01:05 PM   #194
crackhead7
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I have the Frigidaire 7.2 cu ft freezer and I can fit four stubby kegs on the floor but then i dont have room form my 20lb tank inside, I purchased 8 kegs. four from ebay the stubby firestones and four from sabco the taller ones. I can fit four taller ones and my 20lb tank (only after I exchanged the steel one for an aluminim tank its thinner I believe) on the floor w/ two stubby kegs on the hump, which is my best arrangment.

Old 03-28-2011, 01:33 PM   #195
mervmurry
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackhead7 View Post
I have the Frigidaire 7.2 cu ft freezer and I can fit four stubby kegs on the floor but then i dont have room form my 20lb tank inside, I purchased 8 kegs. four from ebay the stubby firestones and four from sabco the taller ones. I can fit four taller ones and my 20lb tank (only after I exchanged the steel one for an aluminim tank its thinner I believe) on the floor w/ two stubby kegs on the hump, which is my best arrangment.
I was hoping that was the case. Thanks for your help! If anyone could tell me the interior dimensions of this freezer, that'd be great. I am hoping to get the most out of the freezer but am still considering the Kenmore 8.8 from Sears.

Old 03-28-2011, 02:35 PM   #196
MW66
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

I'm almost done with my conversion. I have a 15lb aluminum tank on the floor with 3 cornies. I could fit 2 more on the hump, but I'm only planning for 1 since I have 4 taps. The extra space on the hump will be used for my fan and my Eva-Dry 500 to keep moisture to a minimum. I could also throw in some bottles or a Growler.

Old 04-01-2011, 01:18 AM   #197
hoplover
Recipes 

for those of you using rare earth magnets to hold drip tray, where are you finding them? The only ones I could find were at radio shack and really small

Old 04-01-2011, 01:22 AM   #198
MW66
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

Ebay. Look for Magnets4Less. However, I have some and I'm still using the tape. I tried my rare earth magnets and the brackets slid down the smooth surface of the freezer.

Old 04-01-2011, 03:12 AM   #199
crackhead7
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Magnets

try this link!

Old 04-04-2011, 02:32 AM   #200
horric29
Recipes 

I ran with design but, made a few "design" changes. I glued the lid to the collar and mounted the collar to the body via the hinges.

I'm running into a problem however now... Seems the hinges after everything is added arn't supporting the weight of the lid. I mounted the dual body regulators to the collar, along with the love controller, a GFCI outlet that I wired in for convienience sake, and the taps/shanks... I havn't even added the lines yet... The fan seems is the model from Radio Shack, an 120V AC fan that is all metal, it added quite a bit of weight, as did the dual body regulators with the high pressure hose. I did this to really get things out of the way when the lid is lifted up...

It really keeps things clean but, I'm wondering if I can just add another pair of hinges for some added strength... Does anyone know if it's possible to add more hinges without drilling through coolent coils on this one? I was thinking of adding another pair, just using self tapping metal screws and then of course attaching to the lid... Any thoughts? I've come too far to blow this thing up! I guess the easy thing would be to just make a wood bar to prop the lid up...

Tags
frigidaire, keezer, kegerator

Quick Reply