adding a drain to barproducts.com stainless drip tray...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dgonza9

Reaction score
Has anyone added a drain to the barproducts.com stainless drip tray? I'm running taps from my keezer thru a wall so I may need to pour off some foam.

I was thinking of using my step bit to drill a hole that would fit bargain fittings weldless fittings that I have. Then maybe bend the hole a bit so liquid will flow down. I'll probably use a 1/2" conduit nut instead of the locknut since it has a lower profile. I'm going to run the drain to a bucket in my keezer closet.

Anyone done it? See any problems with the idea?

Thanks.:mug:

The bulkhead would stand proud of the surface, preventing it from draining. The leftover beer will mold. Even the recessed drain drip trays will retain some.

drill a small hole, push something down through the hole and push the metal down, then mount something with a tube to the bottom to catch it.

simple illustration
Drip_Tray1.jpg

This is how the professional ones are made, there is plastic countersunk hardware (not shown) to fit the drain.
photo24.jpg

I see what you are saying. I should be able to make it work.

Thanks guys.

I have had that drip tray from barproducts.com for a couple of years now. I run three perlicks and have never once felt it needed a drain. I just remove it from my fridge door and wash in the sink when needed. Simple.

Back