Wintercoat Double Hop

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jvh261

Reaction score
As if I needed an excuse to hit the The Map Room sometime soon. I was just checking their website to see what was on tap.

Anyone ever have this stuff?

WINTERCOAT DOUBLE HOP

WinterCoat's Imperial IPA is light amber in color. The fruitiness from the ale yeast combines beautifully with the body of the malts and the freshness of the hops to create a very well-balanced, though very heavily hopped brew. Double Hop has a heady hop aroma without too much bitterness. The smooth taste belies its 8.2% alcohol content. This beer is dangerously pleasant to drink!

http://www.wintercoat.dk/

-----------------

on another note, it looks like they have Surly brews in a few Chicago bars now too. I've heard good things but never had any, so looking forward to it. Their Darkness Russian Imperial Stout is on tap at Map Room as well. Damn... I would've gone to Kuma's on tuesday night had I known.

http://www.surlybrewing.com/index.php

Chicago gets Surly
Oct 16, 2007
Surly is going to Chicago. Monday, November 12th, the Surly Crew will be at the Hopleaf and Map Room pouring Darkness. Tuesday, November 13th, the Surly Crew will be at Clark Street Ale House, Small Bar - Division, Kuma's Corner and Sheffields. After that, you will be able to find our tap beer at a few bars in Chicago. More details to follow about the events. FYI, our distibutor in Chicago is Windy City Distribution - 630.809.1748.

Surly is GREAT. I really enjoy their brews. Ive been meaning to tour their brewery, I live like 5 minutes away from it!

Yeah, i read a little article on Surly a while back about how they're canning craft brews.

Windy City Distribution is run by the Two Bros. guys. Man... they sure do a hell of a lot for craft beer in the Chicago area. Good people, those guys. They make damn fine beer of their own as well.

Back