Think your beer is bad?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One out of 50! Had a Busch Light on Friday. My neighbor was tree-rustling (sort-of) and he offered me one as a bribe. Since he has a tractor with a grading blade and I have over 3000 feet of gravel driveway, I humored him. Wasn't easy.

I think my college favorites are long gone.

I've had 7 of those.... Old Milwaukee will always have a special place in my heart...

Anyone else notice how most of those listed are either non-alcoholic or light beer?
Hmmmmmm?

At some US Army Dining Facilities in Iraq, they have NA beer, like O'Douls, to drink. I missed the taste of beer, but never even considered grabbing one of those.

that, my friends, is a list i have left behind. but i used to wear about 4 of them out! remembering a couple made me gag though.

"if you want a reputation as a bum, which the clerks at the liquor store will think you are anyway if you buy this. One actually asked me why I bought this and I told her, "It tastes the best," to which she promptly discarded any default respect she may have had for me as a human being."

"I can drink a lot of beer, but this one must have shut down a few chromisomes...my thumbs are dissappearing."

"Smells like rotting grass and spoiled corn"

"why did this beer give me the ****s?"

"stale, rank aroma that is like old garbage. And a taste to match"

"Aroma of rice alcohol, sugar, arsehole and vegetables. Flavour’s watery and pretty much flavourless at first but then there’s a big boozy crappy finish."

:)

Saw Bud Ice Light on the list, a buddy had a keg of it at a party a few years back and that crap is liquid migraine, honestly the worst hangover I have ever had in my life.

desiderata said:
At some US Army Dining Facilities in Iraq, they have NA beer, like O'Douls, to drink. I missed the taste of beer, but never even considered grabbing one of those.

During the first Gulf War they gave us cases of that crap for free, they should have tried A-B and Miller for war crimes, but on the other hand it's not too bad when you mix a little Australian moonshine with it. :drunk:

A couple years ago my wife and I were hand dipping cedar shakes (used 57 gallons of stain!) and the only way to get through it was the beer breaks. We had to stay on the cheap and commercial side so Miller High Life, Rainier and such was the norm. One time I thought I would get something different so I got some Steel Reserve. She hated it, and I tolerated it, though I never plan to drink it again. She was in a grocery line a short time later and said the guy behind her was buying some Steel Reserve quarts, and he smelled (her words.) From then on she associates that brand with smelly people so according to her it is not allowed in our house again.

No surprise that AB's Hurricane High Gravity Lager is on there. I tried one once because it was all that was in the fridge at work. I barely got through it. 8.1% alcohol, and it tastes like a cheap shot of vodka in a stale Bud Light. makinitgood's dorm swill was probably better.

Back