too much Roasting taste! :(

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amin

Reaction score
:( too much roasty flavor nabs me done it :cross:

not even high alpha hops didn't help to fix taste of beer way too much roasty :(

is there anyway to fix it or its good for trash :confused:

DSC_0005.JPG

there may not be a fix for this batch other than to let it age a bit. but for the next batch you can definitely reduce the roastiness in many ways including cold steeping the roasted grains

Be sure it's "roast" that you're tasting and not some other source of bitterness/astringency. Very dark beers mashed with the wrong pH and/or type of water can certainly exhibit this as well.

What was the recipe and water source?

well i made roasted barely myself in oven "99% of material don't exist where i live", so i'm kinda sure it taste like roasted barely i made earlier :-/

Be sure it's "roast" that you're tasting and not some other source of bitterness/astringency. Very dark beers mashed with the wrong pH and/or type of water can certainly exhibit this as well.

What was the recipe and water source?

Make a much less roasty beer and blend it.

thanks for the tip i gonna try it
lol @ your signature ;)

Bottle it and put it away for a year. Much of the roasty taste you get it from the flavors not melding and some time to mature will help. (it might not take that long, sample occasionally starting at about 2 months)

I did a nut brown that I almost dumped because it was so "roasty". I let it sit for three months and it was delicious. Dark brews can be like that. The trade off for hoppy brews like yours is that the hoppiness will also fade. I would put it away and try one every 3 or 4 weeks to see how it mellows.

cool suggestions tnx guys :rockin:

well i will try part of it with mix of no roast one in 2 weeks,
rest gonna stay and see how it turn out in time more patience lol good thing i like about beer even im really noob @ it unlike wine it don't take forever to make good ones something goes wrong new batch can be ready in 2 weeks lol

anyway thanks again for all good advice ;)

cheers :mug:

Latest posts

Back