Ready to drink?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheFear1980

Reaction score
My beer has been bottled up for 2 weeks and acording to the recipe should be ready to drink! Is it normal to have a lil sediment at the bottom of the bottles and how long sjould I chill them for a few hours or days?

Sediment is normal. Its the yeast that fed on the priming sugar and any trub that got siphoned into the bottling bucket. Some people advocate not drinking it by leaving behind a little bit of beer but I just pour everything into my glass.

I'd chill for minimum 24 hours.

As a rule of thumb 3 weeks in the bottle is supposed to be the magic number but there is no harm in trying one now.

2 days in the fridge will help the CO2 dissolve into solution at the cooler temp
1 week would be much better and 2 weeks does wonders for head retention

It is normal to have sediment in the bottom of the bottle. Over time you will learn some tricks to help minimize the amount of sediment. When you pour the beer into a glass simply leave the last few sips in the bottle along with all the sediment.

Well i cheated last week n tryed one and it wasnt bad just a little flat but i was planning on haveing ppl over to kill a case and taste test but from what im hearing maybe I,ll wait one more week for that... Ill end up tossing some in the fridge tonight to test

Its my 1st batch thats why Im waiting to brew more I want to make sure I like this recipe 1st but I plan on a steady pipeline.

TheFear1980 said:
Its my 1st batch thats why Im waiting to brew more I want to make sure I like this recipe 1st but I plan on a steady pipeline.

Waiting is for the weak! I'm on my 3rd batch, about to do forth, but just getting to where the 1st is mellowing out. TBH, my first is kinda harsh, but I'm redeemed 'cause the 2nd is really good and was brewed before the other one was bottled.

I just keep giving my 1st crappy ones to friends and family and tell them it's a perfect Slovakian Bitter. It's free beer, they just smile and choke it down.

I mostly drink Heineken,Perroni,& Sam Adams Pale Ale so Im not sure if the golden ale is 4 me quite yet so Im deffinetly waiting to taste it in its prime b4 I brew my next batch and if not Ill try a new recipe the homebrew shop seems confident in it so Im sure its great Ill know Friday

Back