No head in glass after bottling from keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CodyClay

Reaction score
I brewed a Brewers Best LME Milk Stout kit. I kegged it and when I pour from keg tap I get plenty of head. I bottled some from the keg and when I pour a glass from the bottle there is no head whatsoever. Where did I go wrong? The bottled stuff is carbonated just no head.

What did you use (device/contraption/setup) to fill the bottle from the keg?

Just a picnic tap. I used 2 psi and let it run down the side of the bottle to reduce oxidation. Whenever I tried to use the bottling wand (no check valve on bottom) it would fill the bottle half full of foam. So I just went without the wand.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Home Brew mobile app

Hold the bottle about 8" above the glass, and pour straight to the bottom of the glass. I bet that will foam up nicely. ;)

Hold the bottle about 8" above the glass, and pour straight to the bottom of the glass. I bet that will foam up nicely. ;)

I tried that and got nothing. Its like pouring a glass of water. There is absolutely no foam.

Back