No fermentation...what to do?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jer204

Reaction score
This is my third batch of brew. The wort has been in the primary for 5 days now and the og reading has not changed at all. The temp is 60 f. Smells good. I just moved it upstairs to a warmer room and agitated it slightly. Should I though another pack of yeast in. Thanks for the help.

Doublecheck your yeast's happy temp range.

Did you make a starter to confirm your yeast are alive and well before dumping them into your wort?

Is it possible your wort was still too hot and killed the yeast when you dumped them?

Do you clean with bleach?

Doublecheck your yeast's happy temp range.

Did you make a starter to confirm your yeast are alive and well before dumping them into your wort?

Is it possible your wort was still too hot and killed the yeast when you dumped them?

Do you clean with bleach?

Also depending on the yeast 60 may be on the cool side. Ensure your wort is well-aerated. If you give additional details about your starting process you will be more likely to get useful responses.

Move it to 65F+ and give it a mighty swirl. RDWHAHB, wait 12 more hours, and give us some details on your brewing process if its not running in 12 hours.

I agree we need more info as far as what type of yeast you used and what you did to prepare the yeast (smack pack, starter, rehydration, etc.)

You did add the yeast, not priming sugar, right? Hey, you know how many computer problems are solved by turning on the power ;)

Sorry. It was a kit. I am very new to all this and I was just following the directions. The wort was at 70, I airated, and pitched the yeast, then stirred it in. Now, nothing. It was a dry pack of yeast, never looked at the date or reallly paid any attention to the kind. Everything cleaned and sanitized.

What brand was the kit? I just had this with a Brewers Best Wiezenbier kit, I ended up pitching a pack of yeast I had in the fridge. The kit came with Danstar Munich yeast, sound familiar?

Woke up this morning and she's popin'. Never re-pitched. Must have been the temp change and movement?

Back