no beer tonight :0(

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

illnastyimpreza

Reaction score
ok so I guess I turned up the Co2 too high this morning(60) and the rubber o ring blew right through the fitting...leaking all of my Co2 out into my kegerator.... I was all pysched to try a new batch tonight ! wah wah.... :( My beer is cold...and flat *cries*

I tried to take off the fitting, and friggin cracked it....now I need to buy a new fitting, O ring, AND get my tank filled tomoro. DOH !

looks like I'm drinkin Sam Adams outa the bottle tonight....:mug:

I wonder what the highest preasure I can get away with is...

If you cracked the fitting on the CO2 bottle it was way too tight. There is a built in o'ring on some regulators and older regulators use a fiber washer to seal the gas off between fittings. Tighten just enough so there are no leaks. You can check for leaks using a dish soap/water mixture or a spray of mixed Starsan solution all around the connection.

For a temporary force carb, stick to about 30 psi and shake for an hour, then purge the keg and set to 10 - 12 psi to serve.

For a set it and forget it carb? 10 - 12 psi should be carbed in a week.

60 psi is way too high.

Something isn't right. I've used setups where the primary regulator was running at 100 psi without any problems.

Which fitting & o-ring are you talking about?

I cracked this taking it off. Actually I think I'm just an idiot. I saw a rubber O ring on the nipple AFTER nut...I assumed it had popped through, so I tried to take off the whole nipple fitting to replace it.... after looking @ it again, is there only 1 o ring? the one in the picture ?(if you l ook closely I squished that other oring inside of the nut fitting...

100_1142.jpg

Dee Da Deee :drunk:

That's what I thought you did and I have never seen anyone do that. Wow was that too tight!!!

That's what I thought you did and I have never seen anyone do that. Wow was that too tight!!!

awesome, I'm the first ! :p The guy who sells the kegerator settups has some extra nipples. He said if I swing by he'll swap it out for me....but I was out all day and no time...again... no beer tonight :mad:

Back