newby bottling mistakes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmaupin

Reaction score
So I bottled my first batch today and boy to I prove that I am a newbie lets see I left the tap open on the spicket for the bottling bucket when adding water to sanitize. I let the hose fall out of the bottling bucket when transferring the beer from secondary to bottling bucket used my auto siphon to atach the bottling wand to and gave that a pump and way over a bottle causing quite a mess. Didn't attach the spiket tight enough to the bucket so I had a very slight leek but I am a proud new brewing poppa of 24 22oz bottles of home brew :D

Congrats to you on your first bacth! A couple of weeks ago we bottled our third batch of beer. We also started our second batch of wine the same day. Yesterday we picked up 60 Grolsch bottles for a buck each.

This is a great hobby and you can learn so much. This year for Christmas, we are giving out bottles of wine and beer instead of our regular gifts!

Back