Igloo Kooler

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C-Rider

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Was looking at a 150 qt cooler at SAMs today. Don't think it will close on a 6.5 gallon bucket. Will that still work w/bottles of frozen water to keep fermenter cool?

I'm guess you don't have room for a full fridge or deep freezer. Think about this, a mini fridge (one that you can easily remove the freezer) make you a collar from wood boards so the your bucket will fit, and a johnson tempature controller. This will give you better tempature contoll and you don't have to mess with ice bottles. Used mini fridge $50, controller $50 and wood collar $10.

I'm guess you don't have room for a full fridge or deep freezer. Think about this, a mini fridge (one that you can easily remove the freezer) make you a collar from wood boards so the your bucket will fit, and a johnson tempature controller. This will give you better temperature contoll and you don't have to mess with ice bottles. Used mini fridge $50, controller $50 and wood collar $10.

I have one mini-fridg now that is full of cider.

Don't think a bucket would fit inside. Besides there seems to be something that makes the bottom not the full depth.

MIne doesn't' have a freezer, main reason I bought it. Is it easy to remove a freezer?

It depends on the cubic ft I have one that with a collar the regular size brew bucket or carboy will fit. I have the GE mini were the freezer is unassembled and attached to the back wall of the fridge, think it's 4.5cf.

Back