Getting started!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Estrider03

Reaction score
My brother and I will be getting started in our own brewing adventure this next week. I have been online and reading a ton of blogs about getting started. I have been trying to find the brewing "bible" if there is one that will help explain as much as possible before starting. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

How to brew by John Palmer. The first edition is available free online. It is probably the most quoted reference on the forums. If you're just starting out, only read the first section that goes through an extract brew day. The follow on sections are there to answer your questions down the road. Like any endeavor, you can make it as simple or as complicated as you choose. I choose to start simple.

Look at the stickies on this forum. There is one for extract brewing and another in the all grain forum for brewing alll grain.

Also if you look on youtube there a lot of very good videos showing the process. I watched several before I started and because I am a cisual learner it really worked.

Good luck and have fun.

Latest posts

Back