First Glass of my Home Brew...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slasher

Reaction score
Well it's my second batch.... , the first is still in secondary...
But it's my first glass... And now I'm working on my second...
It's a wit/wheat with grains.... I just got CO2, pumped it up to 30#, rolled the keg for 5 min on it's side...(I know, I know, patience...) But had to test the lines and make sure I was all set up... I never thought semi-cool flat beer could taste like this...

Damn it's not what I was expecting ( I was thinking Dunkel weiss-recipe was from LHBS and called"wit weizen whatever...") But seems more like a full bodied Belgian Wit .... Well it's beer and it is not fully cooled or carbed yet, but dang it is smooth and tasty... I just dropped the Keezer temp to 40 from 50 and couldn't wait... I was worried with the heavy alcohol fumes from opening up the fermenting bucket to keg, but with kegging and cooling it's so smooth I can't believe it's a 5.3% ALC brew...

Dude why did it take me so long to find home-brewing? Just had to share the joy with all the frantic posts by us newbs... Thanks to HBT'ers for your patience and guidance.. Y'all are a valuable resource :rockin:

Congrats on your first brew! Can't beat that feeling and it only gets better from here. Now you better start looking for a second job...

Enjoy don't tell your friends or you will be dry before your next batch is ready!

I don't know if it's a blessing or curse that none of friends like beer and the beer that they do drink on occasion is BMC. Yeah there is more beer for me but I have only 1-2 people to give me feedback and they are hardely around. Sounds like I need to take some more anti-bi#tch pills now.

Enjoy don't tell your friends or you will be dry before your next batch is ready!

+1 to this. It's so depressing not to have any homebrew left while you're waiting on a batch. It's even more depressing/frustrating when all your friends don't return your bottles and you have to wait and extra few days to bottle. I'm going to start making them leave a deposit. Do you have any idea how long it took me to choke down all those Grolsch?!

It's even more depressing/frustrating when all your friends don't return your bottles and you have to wait and extra few days to bottle.

My wife loves Magners and a few of the commercial beers I like have pop tops so I accumulate bottles quite rapidly.

I will admit, I'm a bit cheap when it comes to bottles. I went on Ebay and bout tons of the old Grolsch bottles with ceramic tops (rather than the newer style plastic bottles) and I never give those out since you rarely get them back. I probably have about 500 12oz bottles downstairs waiting for bottling day.

Just a quick tip on bottles (yes i know im a n00b just after starting my first batch).

Most imported beer bottles in bars and pubs dont get sent back to the distributer, there just thrown in a recycling bin and smashed etc.
I went down my local the other day and asked if i could have 40 or so bottles in a few weeks time. No problem :D

Just a quick tip on bottles (yes i know im a n00b just after starting my first batch).

Most imported beer bottles in bars and pubs dont get sent back to the distributer, there just thrown in a recycling bin and smashed etc.
I went down my local the other day and asked if i could have 40 or so bottles in a few weeks time. No problem :D

Apparently there are quite a few homebrewers in my area. The few bars I go to have all promised their empties to various people. Dagnabbit.

Back