first brew day under my belt!! :)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmac52187

Reaction score
just had my first of many brew days to come and i am already addicted...thanks to everyone on this site for all the great info!! :mug:

Congrats!

Keep your fermentation temperature under control, give the yeast time to do its thing (usually at least 3 weeks in primary before bottling, and then 3 weeks minimum in the bottle to carbonate). Patience is going to be the hardest part. Seems like a great time to get your second batch in the fermenter ;)

Cheers!

Yeah i made two batches...got the one gallon kit from northern brewer and an.extra fermenter...figured one gallon at a time would go pretty fast

:eek: one gallon?!? time to get a few dozen more going... congrats on making the plunge and making your own. the most addictive, rewarding hobby i can think of :D

I've thought about switching to 1 gallon batches just so I could brew every weekend. But considering the time savings between 1 gallon and 5 gallon isn't a whole lot, my wife would never had it. I'm lucky she lets me get away with a double header once a month.

Once you get the hang of it, go for 5 gallons at a time. Build your pipe line up. And do not forget to brew something your wife would like. :mug:

Latest posts

Back