First batch was a hit!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tonyt

Reaction score
I brewed my first batch at the end of june. It was great, called it "whicked wheat". My friends want me to try a light beer next. I think i like the dark more than them but i give it a shot. :mug:

Congrats! That's great to hear! My first batch sucked big time.:mug: The nice thing is, as good as that first batch is, it will keep on getting better as you get more experienced too.

Congrats on the first batch! You cant do a "light beer" without lagering, if that's what they want. To lager you must be able to ferment at pretty low temps. I am an ale and dark beer fan anyways, so I have not tried lagering yet. If you are looking for something like a lighter ale, try out a cream ale or an amber ale of some kind. Both very easy drinking and very easy brewing. Good luck!

Congrats. Welcome to the insanely incredible art of homebrewing. It is a great feeling when your friends are impressed with your brew.

Congratulations, homebrewing is incredibly fun. Perhaps instead of making light beer for your friends you could teach them to appreciate beers with some real flavor!

If you brew what your friends want they will drink all of your beer, if you brew what you want you they will still drink all of your beer but at least you will like what you get to drink.

Congrats :) You probably know this but there is a misconception about 'light' beer. Some (the majority of) people mean it as low calorie and close to tasteless; the rest of us mean light colored. And light colored beer is just as delicious as dark beers. I assume your wheat beer was pretty light colored! So they want low calorie beer... hmmm .... what a shame!

Ditto to what everyone said on this thread. Ditch the the light beers. You can get those for cheap at the store. Congrats on your brew. I got four weeks more for me and my buddys first brew BB robust porter straight from a kit. Unlessss you can make a tasty light beer anythings good if you have TLC in it. Good luck HBrs.

congrats!! my first one was a stout in early July my second "a light one" had a mild #ss flavor to it. I say stick with some darker ones. untill you get better at it.

it's kinda weird if you think about it...

if people could get drunk from drinking water would they? i love water but..... it doesn't taste that interesting..... people should exercise more so that they can taste better flavors without gaining weight generally... and otherwise.... fat people with good taste get more respect than fat people eating fast food. So you are lazy and fat but have good taste..... so we are mortals..... live and die!!!!

Baccus in Fantasia was fat and happy... So are most representations of the Buddah..... perception: fat = death. Don't be afraid of death. Enjoy life but do it responsibly.

Back