day 3 in secondary

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishoe

Reaction score
i've put my beer in the secondary, day three and all is looking good starting to clear up just fine, how long do i need to leave in the secondary for, or just wait till it's all clear
cheers guys :mug:

how long was it in Primary?

The times that I have actually used primary, I get lazy and it takes a couple weeks for me to get back to kegging it.... but that's just me.

I would say two weeks is good.

What kind of beer? Big, hoppy or complex beers need a little more time to mellow and for the flavors to meld. Simple pale ales and Wits/Hefes don't even need a secondary.

it was a kit can, brew craft munich larger, its was in primary for 3 weeks, now 4 days in secondary clearing up good

If it's a lager (i'm not familiar with brewcraft) you' actually want to lager it. TONS of threads on here about that, and if you're just into secondary you're on your way to doing that.

what do you mean by (lager it)

found it can some explain in easier terms what temps and for hong long in deg c please

reading other posts saying down to 0c is that right ??

Lagering is basically fermenting at a colder temp... It clarifies things quite a bit better.
Typically, you lager toward the bottom of the range of the yeast (which is why people were asking). From the handful of sites I checked out, if you hit about 50 F... or 10C... you should be A-okay.

ok i got it in my fridge and it's coming down to 10 deg c, how long do i need to leave it in their minimum, do i need to add more yeast before i bottle it or will it be ok

some posts say to leave it in the fridge for 2 weeks and others say 2 months ??

here is my yeast Saflager S-23 Yeast

depends on what you're going for.
2 weeks will be enough if you're going for clarity.
If you're looking to mellow it out, go longer.

Latest posts

Back