Coopers Wheat Beer - do i need to mature it?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schia

Reaction score
Hello folks,

I brewed my second beer last Sunday using a can of Coopers Wheat Beer, 1KG of DME and used a packet of Danstar Munich yeast. Today is the 5th day and I have consistent airlock reading for yesterday and today. Can it be right? Only 4+ days and its done fermenting – is that right? Should I leave my wheat beer in for another 2 weeks to let it “mature”?

Hello folks,

I brewed my second beer last Sunday using a can of Coopers Wheat Beer, 1KG of DME and used a packet of Danstar Munich yeast. Today is the 5th day and I have consistent airlock reading for yesterday and today. Can it be right? Only 4+ days and its done fermenting – is that right? Should I leave my wheat beer in for another 2 weeks to let it “mature”?

What does a "consistent airlock reading" mean? If you are talking about no more bubbles coming out of the airlock, that pretty much means nothing. Hydrometer reading FTW.

If it were me, I'd give it 2 weeks ion fermenter and if it's done bottle. Wheat beers are best young, but I'd still give it two weeks to ferment and "clean itself" of green flavors.

If it were me, I'd give it 2 weeks ion fermenter and if it's done bottle. Wheat beers are best young, but I'd still give it two weeks to ferment and "clean itself" of green flavors.

Agreed. I left my hefe in for two weeks. It was a Cooper's Wheat kit as well but I used 2lbs of Wheat DME, 1lb of their light dry malt, and Wyeast 3068 yeast. Came out great!

Don't be impatient, you'll be much happier with it if you just wait the time.

Rev.

Agreed. I left my hefe in for two weeks. It was a Cooper's Wheat kit as well but I used 2lbs of Wheat DME, 1lb of their light dry malt, and Wyeast 3068 yeast. Came out great!

Don't be impatient, you'll be much happier with it if you just wait the time.

Rev.

The same recipe as mine except that I used Danstar Munich yeast. Thanks guys and for taste sake I'll leave it another week or so before bottling. I'm actually on my way to get a tap a draft system and can't wait to get drinking. Will keep you folks posted on this.

Latest posts

Back