coopers can

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spamanon

Reaction score
I have a can of coopers pilsner. In the instructions it says they recommend .5 kg dry malt and 300 g sugar. But, they never mention them again!

So, do I add those to the boiling water or what do I do with them? Is the sugar for the bottling stage, or do I need even more sugar for that?

I wish the directions were clearer, this is only my third batch. The first two had separate ingredients and complete instructions. Thanks.

I would pour the dry malt the sugar and the coopers in your fermenter and then pour your boiling water on top(unless using glass) and stir well to aerate. I use only the Coopers & Muntons canned kits, I heard if you boil the canned malt it will hurt the flavor or boil off the hopped flavor.

Welcome HBT! You will find a ton of useful info on this site.

Yeah, I would add the dry malt with during the boil, right at the beginning. As for the sugar, you could add it during the boil. It will bump your alcohol content slightly. When it comes time to bottle, just boil 2/3 cup corn sugar (dextrose) and you should be set.

Back