Cant i get a ohhhh yeah!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lazarus0530

Reaction score
Just pop'd open my second batch it was a kit brew (so sue me!) I got here in north east Pa from key stone brew. It's an eba . I never had an eba and let me tell ya something I'm in love with it. It has almost creamy feeling to it at the end. I couldn't of done it with out you guys really the tips you gave where great. This may be the one guys! This could be the future of my kegging at least one of them. I'm bragging but I'm telling ya I'm going to be the $hit this weekend.

nope, because you used a kit....

Kidding! Ohhhh Yeah! <--there you go.

there's nothing wrong with using a kit. It's the same as if you were to go out and buy all the ingredients individually to make the same thing, except someone has already assembled it for you. If kits made bad beer, would people buy them?

congrats, but
yeah, I wanna know what an eba is too.

Here ya go!

Kool Aid.jpg

i must admit, i'm a little jealous...my first two batches are sitting in the fermenters at the moment. Congrats on your first beer! enjoy. :rockin:

no shame in brewing from kits. There are some excellent kits out there. There is always tweaking kits too.

I've brewed 10 kits so far, just bottled a cream ale and #8 trappist. I have two kits in waiting, German Alt and peach hefeweizen.

I'm jealous too. My first batch has at least another week to go in the bottle and my second batch is in the fermenter.
The wait has been excruciating.

Just tried 2nd batch on Thursday, an Irish red, hella good! Was also a kit. My only teacher on brewing was HBT.

I too am waiting however, I did get a growler filled of some kick arse stout from Williamsport, PA to help me hold over.

Congrats on yer brew! I'm still waiting for my 2nd to finish primary (almost 3 weeks!). But,my 1st I started brewing 1/30 was finally ready last night. It is a Cooper's OS lager kit I brewed straight up just to establish a base line for color,flavor,head retention,etc. My pale ale is an extension of that with a lot of tweaking. here's a pic of the OS lager:
http://i563.photobucket.com/albums/ss71/unionrdr/family%20fun/PICT0001.jpg
Dang,that's purty...PS-it's also 5.3%ABV!

ohhhh yeah! I still use kits once in a while nothing wrong with that. Congrats and good luck. Save one for me!

I was hoping to save a few for my birthday the end of the month. Not sure if I can,but it would be cool to get a couple of us together & bbq,beer,bday...I wish my pale ale would be ready by then?...

wonderbread23 said:
What is an 'eba'?

Is an English bitter ale ...I myself never heard of it either until I brewed it. It almost like a cross between a amber beer and a Sam Adams.

I too am jelous. My first batch has been in primary for five days now. Its a hefe extract. Thought I'd start with a beer thats supposed to be cloudy. I'm so anxious I was putting my nose to the air lock and snorting the co2 as it bubbled out. It was wonderful, but alas, my yeast are getting sleepy and I'm not bubbling so often now. I'm kinda like an expetant father in the waiting room now. I've already considered buying a second fermentor. Have to let the wife calm down after the initial investment though.

I too am jelous. My first batch has been in primary for five days now. Its a hefe extract. Thought I'd start with a beer thats supposed to be cloudy. I'm so anxious I was putting my nose to the air lock and snorting the co2 as it bubbled out. It was wonderful, but alas, my yeast are getting sleepy and I'm not bubbling so often now. I'm kinda like an expetant father in the waiting room now. I've already considered buying a second fermentor. Have to let the wife calm down after the initial investment though.

RDWHAHB! Wait 'till she tastes that first one. Women generally like wheat beers. Mine seriously loves The Cooper's OS lager I made. Just be patient,sanitize,maintain the right temps,& let the yeast do all the clean up in primary. Mine was in primary for 12 days. Bottled 3 weeks,then the fridge for 5 days.
You saw how that looked. I posted a description of the brew,but put in AG & partial mash by mistake. Like a mod to move it either here,or extract brewing. Shoulda had some coffee before messing with uploading,etc.

Just brewed an EBA from a Best Brew Kit using Wyeast 1056 instead of the Dry yeast that came with it. I used this instead as I didn't want it to go bad. In the cooling stage now. Using a starter so will see how she does. :)

Fermentors are pretty cheap, and you can always find them on kijiji or craigslist. I bought a couple of better bottles today from kijiji, and when I picked them up the guy's neighbour was offering to give me some glass carboys and a bottle tree. Sweet deal!

shadows69 said:
Just brewed an EBA from a Best Brew Kit using Wyeast 1056 instead of the Dry yeast that came with it. I used this instead as I didn't want it to go bad. In the cooling stage now. Using a starter so will see how she does. :)

Let me know. My brother and myself drank a case of this last night. We loved it . Now unto my next homebrew judge my dad .

Back