Can we get another sticky for noobs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptKaos

Reaction score
Ok, I am a noob to this forum and home brewing and I'm having a hard time with understanding all the acronyms and terms. There are many home brewing terms that are not in papazian's glossary. Some examples... Why do wives=swmbo? What does that stand for? I didn't know what cold crashing meant until I asked. What is a Keggle. :drunk:

If someone could take the time to create a home brewing dictionary that included acronyms, I would be eternally grateful. I believe it could possibly become a very popular sticky!

If you don't know why your wife/girlfriend/so is SWMBO, you must be doing something wrong. Or you're doing something incredibly right. I'm not sure how that one works.

Either way, Google is your friend: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=swmbo ;)

I'm nobsauce here, but pretty active on a couple other non-beer forums. Too many stickies can be annoying, and big, long, multiple page stickies, well, no one reads them. At least I don't. I'm way too lazy and Google is just way too easy.

joe

thats a bad thing? I think its a great idea to keep updating the glossary. Who has time to browse for hours searching for the definition or a concept?

Let's add "tongue in cheek" to that glossary while we're at it, because that's what my remark was.

I actually think a glossary of terms is a good idea, but I couldn't resist a good acronym opportunity.

Aww no more pages of funny acro's for swmbo? I guess I missed the memo....:drunk:

How about a sticky for newbz on how to use the search feature?

:ban:

Pardon me but the search function doesn't work well. I have no results presented to my searches. I have tried on my iPad, PC and iPhone. This is not my first time at the forum rodeo. Beer brewing is just a new hobby.

I'm a senior member of another forum that uses the exact format as this forum. I don't understand why I can search that forum and get results.

I thought this was an appropriate method for starting a fun and informative sticky. You, however, took an opportunity to respond arrogantly. :mad:

Have you looked at "Can't get good HEAD?" in this forum. The topics are closely related.

No.. I never thought of that. My wife and I tried my first home brewed beer two nights ago. It had a great head....or... I got great hea......let's just say both of us were really impressed with the results. :ban:

Latest posts

Back