brewers best IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spam

Reaction score
can someone tell me what hoops come with this kit? I brewed this and love the aroma. forgot to jot em down :(

OOO,ok I see now, Columbus& cascade sounds like the culprits :) Witch is bitter and aroma?

I believe Columbus is more of the bittering hop, but I'm pretty sure some people on here use it as flavor/aroma as well. Anyone want to confirm/deny?

Columbus is primarily a bittering hop. It's around 12% AA if I'm thinking right. Cascade is down around 6% AA and sometimes sees triple duty as bittering, flavor, and aroma.

Looking back, Columbus is 14-16%

ok so most likely the columbus was used as the bittering and the cascade was aroma in my IPA kit. I wanted to jot this down for the future because I love the smell and flavor of my IPA!

Just brewed this last week. It comes with columbus and cascade. one of each for bittering and then i believe another columbus for aroma, not sure though. I do know it was just another one of the same bittering hops tho. I cant wait to try this. I am dry hopping cascade into this recipe to give it a real hoppiness to it,I hope!!

Back