bottling with modelo negra bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ENS

Reaction score
I brewed an ale version of a vienna lager and wanted to bottle them in modelo negra bottles. I am bottling them right now. I should have checked before, because the caps are going on funny. Seems like they are tight, but going on the same way they do on normal bottles. I am a little worried. I don't have other bottles ready to go. Did anyone ever bottle with modelo negra bottles before?

I was pretty excited about using these bottles. I think they look cool. It sucks if I can't use them. I already bottled a case worth. I would hate to find out they weren't airtight.

This beer came out really good too.

This is quite a pickle.

This is also my first foray into recipe formulating, so I am super excited about this beer.

I wonder if I should pop off the caps, gently poor the beer back into the bottling bucket and then get some other bottles ready. This could be a long night.

I've never had a problem with them. I even have a couple that are currently bottle conditioning...

I went ahead and used them. I have a red winged capper. We shall see how they turn out. I turned a few upside down and no leakage. I hope they work cause that is a tasty brew. It is unlike anything I've tasted.

I went ahead and used them. I have a red winged capper. We shall see how they turn out. I turned a few upside down and no leakage. I hope they work cause that is a tasty brew. It is unlike anything I've tasted.

Recipe?

The winged cappers don't work well on some bottles, and I have heard that Mexican beer bottles are often a problem. The problem is because the distance between the bottle top and the place where the winged capper grips the bottle is shorter than on "standard" bottles. A bench capper doesn't have this problem.

Ditto, sometimes bottles have smaller mouths, but your capper was designed to be versatile. Only bottles I throw away are the big mouth champagne style Belgian bottles, but a bench capper can even get around those.

By the way,I just got done taking a break to give another bucket of soaked bottles a quick scrub. It looks like the Harpoon bottles have that "skinny" lip. Just thought you folks would like to know.:mug:

They worked fine for me and for a fairly heavily carbonated beer. I used a bench capper so I don't know if that makes a difference.
I'd go for it.

Latest posts

Back