Boiling and Balance

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KFBass

Reaction score
So i'm going to be brewing tomorrow, and picking up some supplies today. I'm using a leftover can of Mr Beer HME Canadian Draught. Instead of booster I'm going to be using a pound or so of pale DME. I'm wondering if I have to boil the dme for the extended times some people have mentioned. Like a full on 60 min wort boil?

Also would I need to add some more hops to balance out the all Malt Extract? If so recomendations and times are greatly appreciated!

The 60 minute boil is for hop utilization, to get all those bittering alpha acids into your brew its gotta go the full 60. More hops would be your choice, but a canadian draught doesnt sound like a very hoppy beer.

Thanks. That's what I was thinking, but just figured i'd ask the pros!

a canadian draught doesnt sound like a very hoppy beer.

Canadian Draught doesn't sound like any kind of beer (I'm Canadian) but if it's anything like Molson Canadian, Labatt Blue ect..then yes it will not be overly hoppy (or flavorful of any kind, but that's another rant)

Back