Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Another did I ruin my batch?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2009, 01:32 PM   #1
popscube
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Another did I ruin my batch?

I forgot to sanitize my wort chiller!!! I was busy with fittings and stuff and without even thinking I plopped it in. My only hope is that the wort was at 180 degrees. I am so bummed. Has anybody else done this and how did it turn out?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2009, 01:41 PM   #2
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2777 Times on 1661 Posts
Likes Given: 3489

Well I know many of us never sanitize our chiller, since we're dropping it into boiling wort in the last 15 minutes of the boil....that will kill anything on it.

But more that likely likey your story will turn out like all the other "is my beer ruined" threads, and be perfectually fine. I betcha you never actually noticed that did you? That their beers turn out fine about 95% of the time.

It really is hard to screw this stuff up....

People do all sorts of stuff, and still the beer manages to not lei us down.

Read thses stories I collected and see...http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/what...t-great-96780/

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 07-26-2009, 02:39 PM   #3
popscube
Recipes 

Thanks,
I like reading about the mistakes. Beer is very forgiving it seems.

Old 07-26-2009, 03:26 PM   #4
JLem
Recipes 

Liked 169 Times on 149 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
their beers turn out fine about 95% of the time.
I bet it's even higher than this

Old 07-26-2009, 11:48 PM   #5
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2777 Times on 1661 Posts
Likes Given: 3489

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLem View Post
I bet it's even higher than this
Yeah...I think you're right, I usually say 95 to accound for the handful of threads of this type where the original poster doesn't return for an update. A high number of them do update that nothing was wrong.

Maybe starting Jan 1 I'll try to keep actual track somehow for a period of time, maybe 3 or 6 months. Try to track how many I respond too in that time and how many come out fine.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Quick Reply