about that priming and saving of a flat beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Svecke

Reaction score
Hello, has anyone any thoughts about this?
I got some beer that had great carb in roomtemp but got less after storing it in the refridgerator (2 weeks). Its about the dissolving of carbodioxide and so on. Though is it possible to just cool it down for a couple of hours and still have good carbonation, it should take some time for the gas to dissolve right?
Why im asking is because I havent brewed so large quantities and I have a dinner party this weekend and I noticed this last week. So not alot of beer to try it on and not alot of time either before its supposed to be served.
So Ive put the beer back at 18 degrees celcius to try and save the carbonation and was thinking about a quick cool.

thankfull for your expert opinion on this

/Svecke

After two to three weeks of bottle conditioning at about 21°C to 22°C the yeast will have consumed all the priming sugar and produced carbon dioxide. When you open one of these fresh bottles there is a good hiss of escaping CO2.
Chilling the bottles in the frig or tub of ice water will force the CO2 into the beer. When the chilled bottles are opened not much of an escaping CO2 hiss is heard because the CO2 is held in solution. Four days to a week will take almost all the CO2 out of the bottles headspace and force it into solution.

Carbonation is not lost. The available CO2 will be slowly released when the beer is poured to form the head and beautiful stream of bubbles rising from the bottom of the glass.

Back