1st time bottling carb question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fipilix

Reaction score
so in a couple days i will be bottling my first batch. i was wondering instead of using normal sugar if i could use a banana liqueur for the sugar needed. would it react the same way and carb my bottles? and how much would be needed if i can. i will be filling 32oz bottles...but only using 20-22 oz of room in it. i dont need a 32oz beer at dinner. lol

I don't think the banana liqueur would work, the alcohol content might kill your yeast. You also aren't going to want that much headspace in your bottles.

thanks for the help. :) i think i might try it on 1 or 2 bottles just to see how it goes. the rest will be with just sugar.

thanks for the help. :) i think i might try it on 1 or 2 bottles just to see how it goes. the rest will be with just sugar.

don't partially fill bottles! Get the right sized bottles. If you want 22 ounce bottles, fill that size. Trust me on this- the huge headspace in a 2/3 filled quart bottle will cause you bottle bombs.

Back